Job Title: Concrete Pump/Telebelt Operator
(Online apply link at bottom of page)
Prepared Date: May 2013
This job consists of the Training and ACPA Certification of a Putzmeister Concrete Pump/Telebelt. Training with ACPA Certification is a 14 month process. The weekly schedule would consist of five, up to 10-12 hour days with overtime on both a voluntary or mandatory basis for the work week as well as on Saturdays, depending on the level of requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The basic responsibilities of the Pump/Telebelt Operator includes, but not limited to the following:
• Pre-trip inspection of the concrete pump/telebelt pursuant to DOT regulations. Pre-trip inspection includes checking fluid levels of engine oil, antifreeze, tire pressure, brakes and other driver operated controls such as hydraulic systems and line systems.
• Fill water tank before each project by placing rubber hose into water tank and fill after checking that all valves are shut.
• Safely drives to project site that is assigned.
• Uses GPS tracking that takes most direct route to job site to ensure the operator is there in a timely service.
• Safely drives concrete pump into site and works with contractor or homeowner to set up pump/ telebelt in a safe position.
• Upon completion, operator will clean out pump/telebelt system in the project where desired by contractor or homeowner, in an environmentally responsible manner.
• Keep dispatch informed as to the status of projects via cellular phone or tracking system.
• Prior to leaving the site, driver is responsible for completing all paperwork and collection of monies if necessary.
• Each operator is expected to perform a post trip inspection of the concrete pump/telebelt pursuant to DOT standards and communications with maintenance is imperative.
• Must be detail orientated with attention to cleanliness and care of equipment.
• Must be mechanically inclined-basic mechanical knowledge and skills.
• Must wear appropriate protective gear such as steel-toe boots, safety glasses, hard hat and vest.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Must have education of the equivalent experiences, certificates, licenses and registration for pump/telebelt operations. Depth perception, hand-eye coordination and a keen awareness for your surroundings are mandatory.
A Pump/Telebelt Operator’s first responsibility is safety.
Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Must be able to perform simple math such as addition and subtraction.
Must be able to deal with customers and other employees in a diplomatic manner in a variety of stressful situations. Must safely operate pump truck and perform tasks that are congruent with company policy, and within state and federal laws.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Must have a valid CDL driver license; Class A and B, 18 years or older and legally work in the US.
This would be considered moderately strenuous work. Must have the ability to lift objects exceeding 50 lbs. (23kg).
Must be able to work in all weather conditions; heat, rain and snow.APPLY